How to Plan Your Retirement
Retirement is a time when you can finally live the life you were destined to live. You can design your ideal life and then put it into practice. ... Most people underestimate the magnitude of that change.... It’s up to you to make the retirement years the best years ever. - Dr Richard Johnson
During our working years, we are often time-poor as we spend most of our time at work and juggle many competing activities.
Retirement is a time to design your ideal life, and then put it into practice. It is up to you to make the retirement years the best years of your life. Plan and transition into a fulfilling retirement with a holistic plan to impact the quality of your retirement.
Individuals who are planning retirement or are retired and want strategies and a personalised plan for a fulfilling and meaningful retirement.
Develop self-awareness to plan and transition into a fulfilling and meaningful retirement with a holistic plan to impact the quality of your retirement.
- Definition and thoughts on retirement
- Myths, facts, and life lessons
- Your retirement readiness
- The six stages of retirement
- Flourishing in retirement
- Reasons why many flounder in retirement
- How to plan for retirement – non-financial aspects
- Transition to retirement
- Challenges to retirement
- Eleven steps to a happy retirement
- Checklist for a happy retirement
- Action plan
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Define and reflect on retirement for your life journey
- Recognize the myths, facts, and life lessons of retirement
- Assess your retirement readiness to determine life’s successful and challenging areas that require support and review
- Define the six stages of retirement to develop self-awareness and insight into your stage
- Realize the elements of a flourishing retirement for self-awareness and future action
- Realize the reasons and challenges why individuals flounder in retirement for self-awareness and future action
- Plan for retirement – non-financial aspects
- Plan and action steps to transition to retirement