PLANNING AN ONLINE TEACHING PROGRAM
Planning your educational program is the foundation for success. The plan is a concept design for the teacher to map the course details. Planning your course for your students will customize it to their needs. You will need to understand your students, their motivation for enrolling in the course, their backgrounds, age, circumstances, and goals.
The course plan is written as a course/program outline and is essential for students to understand the course information and expectations. It is also a marketing document that is a driving force behind a student’s enrolment decision and can impact course numbers.
The course outline is a reference for the organization and your colleagues that documents the course plan with information about the course aims, learning outcomes, content, teaching methodology, and course timing, which aligns with the course assessment. The course outline is adopted to write individual session plans. Writing a course outline and session plans is good practice, highlighting the required knowledge and skills students will obtain upon completing the course.
This course is designed for educators, teachers, lecturers, and trainers who need to adapt face-to-face to online teaching and increase their facilitation/training repertoire.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand your students when planning your course
- Plan and document the course and session/s plans
- Design and teach with slides to enhance the content and your presentation
- Implement the technical essentials for online teaching
- Design a comfortable and professional office
- Plan a successful online learning program and individual sessions with relevant content, learning outcomes, teaching methodology
- Understand your learners to customize the program
- Document the course and session plans
- Plan and write a dynamic course to attract students
- Understanding your students
- Planning and documenting your course and session/s plans
- Teaching with slides
- Technical essentials
- Office space
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT POINTS
The time spent on each course of study may be claimed as continuing professional development (CPD) by the Institute of Learning and Performance Asia Pacific requirements.
Upon successfully finishing the complete course, students will receive a Certificate of Professional Development accredited by the Institute of Learning and Performance Asia Pacific.
Students can also receive a Certificate of Professional Development for each course they complete accredited by the Institute of Learning and Performance Asia Pacific.