IMPROVE YOUR ONLINE TEACHING USING RFLECTIVE PRACTICE
Reflective teaching enables instructors to reflect on their teaching practices to determine their effectiveness, and if required, make the required changes to improve their practice. The process is based on critical and constructive reflection to learn from experience and applying our reflective insights to continuously improve and grow professionally.
By implementing deep reflective practice and implementing the feedback, teachers model flexibility, creativity, and positive leadership. This is the process for lifelong learning and ongoing commitment to quality principles.
Reflective practice provides a means for teachers to critically (constructively) review their practice, adjust their teaching to meet the learning needs and learning styles of their students, respond to issues, and make improvements to their practice.
This course is designed for educators, teachers, lecturers, and trainers who need to adapt face to-face to online teaching and increase their facilitation/training repertoire.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define reflective practice and understand the process
- Understand the importance of reflective practice to your teaching practice
- Identify the features of reflective practice
- Apply critical (constructive) self reflection to your work
- Understanding modes of reflection
- Apply transformative learning theory into your teaching practice
- Reflect on student feedback to make modifications to your program or session
- Apply skills and attitudes for reflective practice
- Apply tools to support your reflective practice
- Appreciate the benefits of reflective practice
- Critically (constructively) reflect on your training program and each session to adjust your teaching to meet the learning needs of your students, improve and refine your practice.
- Engage in a continuous cycle of self observation and self-evaluation to improve your practice.
- Apply transformational learning where students receive new information and evaluate their past ideas and understanding, to review and shift their worldview.
- What is reflective practice?
- Why is reflective practice important to your teaching practice?
- Features of reflective practice
- Critical (constructive) self-reflection
- Reflecting on Teaching Online and Improving Your Practice
- Modes of Reflection
- Transformative learning
- Applying transformative learning theory into your teaching practice
- Use student feedback to reflect on your practice
- Skills and attitudes for reflective practice
- Tools to support reflective practice
- Benefits of reflective practice
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT POINTS
The time spent on each course of study may be claimed as continuing professional development (CPD) by the Institute of Learning and Performance Asia Pacific requirements.
Upon successfully finishing the complete course, students will receive a Certificate of Professional Development accredited by the Institute of Learning and Performance Asia Pacific.
Students can also receive a Certificate of Professional Development for each course they complete accredited by the Institute of Learning and Performance Asia Pacific.