HOW TO BECOME A CERTIFIED CAREER COACH
Become an International Career Coach Today!
If you're looking to become an internationally recognized career coach, the "Foundation in Career Development Practice" program is the perfect place to start. This program is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to successfully coach clients from all over the world. You'll learn how to assess a client's needs, identify their goals, and create a plan of action that will help them reach their full potential. In addition, you'll also gain valuable insights into the latest trends in the career development field, and how to best use them to your advantage. By the end of the program, you'll be equipped with all the tools you need to launch a successful career coaching practice.
Foundations in Career Development Practice online course builds on quality, proven counseling and coaching practices. As a Career Development Practitioner, you will learn to develop strategic thinking to coach clients toward making better career decisions. Also to plan successful career transitions and advance their career goals.
A Career Development Practitioner provides career advice and support for individuals at all stages of their life through school, tertiary learning, employment, all the way through retirement. Research shows individuals are twice as likely to be engaged in work if they can engage in high-quality careers guidance and are more productive in the workplace.
The role of Career Development Practitioners is to help people manage their careers, make occupational and study decisions, plan career transitions and find career information.
Career development practitioners work in a range of settings, providing services to both groups and individuals, including:
- tertiary institutions
- business organizations
- government agencies
- private practice
The current environment requires career practitioners to work effectively as career coaches who can diagnose career barriers and issues that prevent a client from attaining their goal and incorporate career coaching that is positive and strength-based designed to achieve the client’s career goal and personal fulfillment.
The Foundations in Career Development Practice course provides you with the knowledge and skills in career counseling and career coaching theories and applications to broaden your skills in career development to practice wisely and creatively.
The course consists of 10 sequenced and stand-alone courses:
- Course 1 - Foundations to Understanding Career Development
- Course 2 - Career Development Theories
- Course 3 – Career Coaching Theory and Application in Your Practice
- Course 4 – Wellbeing and Self Care for Practitioners
- Course 5 – Legal and Ethical Requirements in Career Development
- Course 6 – Developing Counselling and Coaching Skills
- Course 7 – How to Implement Career Coaching Skills
- Course 8 – Administering Career Assessment Tools with Clients
- Course 9 – Developing Your Skills to Becoming a Career Coach
- Course 10 – How to Help Your Clients Find the Perfect Job
Added value – Learn career counseling and career coaching skills
The added value of studying the Foundation in Career Development Practice short course teaches both career counseling and career coaching theories and applications. This approach will strengthen your career development practice in an increasingly complex and challenging world that requires a greater understanding of quality practice, advanced micro-skills, and developing relationships with diverse clients.
The Foundation in Career Development Practice course is a short course in career development practice that is evidence-based with theory and practice. To successfully enroll in the course, students must have appropriate language, literacy, and numeracy levels to undertake this course and access a computer with reliable internet access.
Students must hold:
- a qualification at diploma level or higher in a discipline related to career development, counseling work, human resources, psychology, youth work, or management
- work experience in education, human resources, psychology, employment, recruitment, youth work, apprenticeship, disability, rehabilitation, case management, or management
- Please submit your application with a personal statement indicating your commitment to career development, with a copy of your resume.
Upon successfully finishing the complete course, students will receive a Certificate of Professional Development accredited by Associated Career Professionals International.
Students can also receive a Certificate of Professional Development for each course they complete accredited by Associated Career Professionals International.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT POINTS
The time spent on each course of study may be claimed as continuing professional development (CPD) by CDAA members toward Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA) requirements.
Non-CDAA members, please check with your professional association regarding their CPD policy.
To claim your CPD points, present your certificate of course completion to CDAA or the professional association where you are a member.