DEVELOPING YOUR SKILLS TO BECOMING A CAREER COACH
The Foundation in Career Development Practice course provides the knowledge and skills to become a career coach. The course"Developing Your Skills to Becoming a Career Coach", is to help you to own the career coach space.
Ready to Take Your Career Coaching Skills to The Next Level?
The Developing Your Skills to Becoming a Career Coach course is perfect for anyone who wants to fine-tune the finishing touch to becoming a career coach.
You will be able to develop your authentic self to be congruent with your thoughts, feelings, and behavior, develop a growth mindset, aim to achieve your personal best, and strategies for professional networking.
This course can develop your professional identity to achieve career excellence through professional training and lifelong development.
For individuals seeking international course accreditation in career development practice
to work in a global environment with organisations and clients, develop and update their
knowledge and skills in career development, or fill a skills gap in their practice.
The course is suitable in various contexts and roles, including schools, education, training, in the workplace in human resources or psychology, and/or experience working in employment, recruitment, youth work, apprenticeship, disability and rehabilitation, case management, or management.
- Develop your professional identity based on the attainment of knowledge, skills and attitudes attained through professional training and lifelong development.
- Develop your authentic self to be congruent with your thoughts, feelings, and behaviour. You are honest, genuine, open, integrated, and authentic during your interactions with the client. You do not have a façade so that your internal and external experiences are the same.
- Your professional self:
o Your core self — who you are and how you see yourself
o Socially constructed self — how others see you
o Constantly reforming self — your evolving self through your self-talk, experiences, and professional development
- Being your authentic self - personal values, self-talk, behaviour, and selfacceptance
- How to achieve career excellence: The range between best and average
- Strategies to achieve your very best
- Professional networking
- Develop a growth mindset
- Professional supervision
- Making time to reflect on your practice
- Looking after yourself as a career counsellor-coach
Upon successfully finishing the complete course, students will receive a Certificate of Professional Development accredited by Associated Career Professionals International.
Students can also receive a Certificate of Professional Development for each course they complete accredited by Associated Career Professionals International.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT POINTS
The time spent on each course of study may be claimed as continuing professional development (CPD) by CDAA members toward Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA) requirements.
Non-CDAA members, please check with your professional association regarding their CPD policy
To claim your CPD points, present your certificate of course completion to CDAA or the professional association where you are a member.